Anyone need a program written?

cruciatuz sasoft at gmx.de
Fri Mar 29 11:27:58 EST 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 10:20:33AM +0000, Fused wrote:

> Can anyone think of a program that I could build that would actually
> have use to someone (you?)? I'm trained in Delphi, know some Java and
> rudimentary C, so the programs don't need to be newbie-easy ( I like a
> challenge: the greater the challenge, the faster I'll learn ;-) ).
a programming game like realtimebattle, written entirely in python,
would be very cool.

have a look at:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/realtimebattle/

... if you're interested

2 things:

- other programmers (newbies like me) can learn functional programming
  in python while building own bots (movement algo's etc.)

- it doens't need to be a "war-game", it can also simulate bots in other
  situations (it would be great if there would be a map with different
  things on it, and the bot has to move around, climb, swim and so on -
  but it has to be programmed before _how_ he should do that and which
  parts (item-classes) he should use.)

- every main part of the bot's body should be a python-object in a main
  bot object - these objects will be manipulated while the bot is trying
  to solve the map.

- the bot who is the fastest in solving an arena, will be the winner.