GUI programming

Mark Nenadov marknenadov at winningteam.com
Fri Mar 29 17:39:50 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1017437568.25402.python-list at python.org>, "Umesh
Persad" <upersad at tstt.net.tt> wrote:

> ------------------  I wanted to have a user
> interface where I can draw the game board as well as take in text input
> below the board with some text felds and buttons. I see there are many
> GUI toolkits available. I am wondering which one should I use (tkinter,
> wxpython?) that will be simple enough to get me up and running qiuckly.
> Also are there any examples that I can look at?

Umesh,
I would personally recommend wxPython. I believe that wxPython is more
modern and feature rich. It also doesn't depend on another scripting
langauge (TCL).

Nevertheless, there are some advantages to TkInter. One of them is the
fact that it is easier to learn and that it comes with pretty much every
distribution of Python.

wxPython comes with a nice demo program that demonstrates almost
everything you can do with wxPython. Looking at the source of that
program was probably the most valuable "documentation" available.

I hope that helps you,
~Mark  Nenadov (www.freelance-developer.com)