HP-UX 10.2 deprecated?

Greg Weeks weeks at vitus.scs.agilent.com
Tue Mar 5 23:14:29 EST 2002

Michael Piotrowski (mxp at dynalabs.de) wrote:
: aCC is the C++ compiler; the unbundled ANSI C compiler is cc. But
: since the OP was able to compile Python, I doubt he used the bundled
: compiler--you wouldn't get that far with a K&R compiler, I think.

In the Makefile, the compiler was "cc -Ae", which is the ANSI compiler plus
extensions.  However, in "configure", plain old cc was used, and that is
the K&R compiler in HP-UX 10.2 (but not in HP-UX 11).  This is the compiler
that misunderstood the indented compiler directives.

: My guess is that, like this problem, most problems on HP-UX are in
: configure. 10.20 and threads is, ahem, a bit problematic; the DCE
: threads are _not_ POSIX threads.

It sounds like I'm lucky that my Python 1.5.2 threads are working on HP-UX
10.2!  I should perhaps just be content with that?

Greg