Installing Piddle plotting 1.014 on a Macintosh. Problems.

Louis M. Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Mar 25 15:55:39 EST 2002

I have returned to Python after a year away (old version 1.52 on a Mac
using sys 9.1).  I upgraded to Python 2.2 and got messages that my old
version of Piddle was deprecated.  I downloaded the latest version and
am stuck.  After searching the documentation I cannot find how to
install it other than the statment in  the README.txt that says type in
python setup.py install  and go.  That does nothing for me in the IDE
on my Mac.  I am probably missing something simple, but unless I get
some plotting stuff running my return to Python will be short-lived.
Can you tell me what I'm missing so I can install a new version of
Piddle on my Mac?  Thanks for any help.

--
-- Lou Pecora

  - My views are my own.