Where to download bugfix for email Module?

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Sun Mar 17 14:08:20 EST 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:43:02 +0300, Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.1016365527.16566.python-list at python.org>:

> If you still will have troubles,
> I can tar and send my copy to you.

Well, I managed to download the files onto my computer. Not sure yet what
I'm going to do with them, but at least I *HAVE* them. Hmm...

Per my other questions, I got some remarks on that from another person,
here:
http://www.aota.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=63779#post63779

Where skolnic writes:

"""
I think working with the CVS repository addresses your concerns directly.
To wit:

1) stability
CVS maintains everything that gets checked in. Most projects will use tags
to label stable points in the tree. You can check out the latest stable
tree, and then only check out the more recent versions of the individual
source files you care about. In fact, you can generate diffs between the
latest bleeding edge and the last stable release [run to garage to get
Cederqvist manual out of the car]: checkout the latest, then cvs diff -r
stable-release to see all the changes or cvs diff -r stable-release
module-I-care-about . From the output, you should be able to identify the
code that provides the functionality you care about and merge only those
changes into the codebase you use locally.
2) distribution
This is more of a challenge. One could hope that the functionality you need
makes it into a stable release by the time you are ready to distribute. You
can also post/distribute either a patch file or a patched module. I think
that I would incorporate the needed functionality into a module of my
product (lifting liberally from the Python sources, i.e. rename and edit
only as needed) and distribute it as an integral part of the tool. Tracking
the stability of the functionality in the framework (Python here) then
becomes your task--transparent to the users--to decide when to drop the
integral module and use the framework.

With CVS running locally (server, not just client) you can maintain your
own release version control that includes customized framework modules, and
run diffs against the public baseline to ease the management of what
becomes a personal branch of the Python distribution.

You can find the Cederqvist manual on-line at www.cvshome.org. I also
recommend Karl Fogel's Open Source Development with CVS ISBN 1-57610-490-7.

This all falls into the category I call constructive laziness. Work my
behind off setting things up so that they are easy. <g> Sort of like
carrying a dozen grocery bags in from the car all at once so I only have to
make one trip.

"""

Sounds like WAY more than I want to get into at the moment, but I may look
into it in the future.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/