error:"_imaging C module is not installed"

Rodney Loisel rloisel at helicon.net
Wed Mar 20 08:45:28 EST 2002

Just upgraded from PY 1.5.2 to 2.2.1c1
and TCL 8.3
Also installed PIL (Python Imaging Library)
All paths seem okay in autoexec.bat

I have an image viewing program the worked fine in 5.2
now getting message "ImportError: The _imaging C module is not
installed"
Have 2 files (_imaging.pyd and _imagingtk.pyd) which I assume are the
C imagaging modules and have put copies of them in all the directories
that
they might be accessed in: DLL PIL TCL\BIN but still get everything:
canvas
buttons etc but no image. Below is the error readout in the output
window.
Any and all help appreciated.
There are  923 images
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "H:\ClickView2.py", line 46, in ?
    scrapbook = Scrapbook(root)
  File "H:\ClickView2.py", line 27, in __init__
    self.getImg(0)
  File "H:\ClickView2.py", line 34, in getImg
    self.img = ImageTk.PhotoImage(self.masterImg)
  File "C:\PYTHON22\PIL\ImageTk.py", line 86, in __init__
    self.paste(image)
  File "C:\PYTHON22\PIL\ImageTk.py", line 108, in paste
    im.load()
  File "C:\PYTHON22\PIL\ImageFile.py", line 125, in load
    self.load_prepare()
  File "C:\PYTHON22\PIL\ImageFile.py", line 175, in load_prepare
    self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
  File "C:\PYTHON22\PIL\Image.py", line 43, in __getattr__
    raise ImportError, "The _imaging C module is not installed"
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed