Windows GUI - which way?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Mar 4 19:19:18 EST 2002

Spencer Ernest Doidge wrote:

> It happens that I want to do all this with scripts that are all under my
> control, so there is a lot of good news here in your answer.
> One further question: Should the two processes communicate with each other
> via mmap?

Might depend.  What's the nature of the communication involved?  Lots
of data, a few simple messages, complex objects, or something else?
That is, are there constraints?

Personally, I would not use mmap.  Maybe that's because I have never
looked at it (or, apparently, needed it).  Is Queue adequate for your
needs?  (I suspect mmap is not thread-safe but I could be wrong.)