PEP 284, Integer for-loops (code bash?)

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Thu Mar 7 19:39:06 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1015540815.12210.python-list at python.org>,
 Gustavo Cordova <gcordova at hebmex.com> wrote:

> So, I propose an answer to this, and here it is.
>
> Just do a "from ints import Ints" at the beginning of the program.

Your ints module is nice, and I think if it were in the standard library
I'd be a lot less motivated to push PEP 284.  But, the objection to it
will be that it only creates closed intervals, where other Python
objects create half-open ones and it would be nice to have a syntax that
would allow any combination of open and closed interval endpoints.