PEP 276 final version

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Sat Mar 9 04:34:01 EST 2002

James_Althoff at i2.com wrote:

> In light of the "Parade of PEPS" message, I also have asked the PEP
> administrator to move PEP 276 to the withdrawn/rejected group.
>
> Many thanks to all who participated in the PEP 276 discussions.

I didn't want to add to the noise, but now I want to say thank you for
the way you're admitting defeat.

IMHO, features like you proposed are better served by Python modules
than by syntax changes (technically, your proposal isn't a syntax
change but I think the motivation was just syntactical). Opposed to a
syntactical feature, a generator exported by a Python module is:

- explicit (better than implicit <wink>)

- self documenting

- one less special case

- less likely to participate in unexpected interaction of features

- an object in its own right (can be passed around, introspected, ...)

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36