shared memory block

Boris Huart Boris.Huart at
Wed Mar 20 14:50:42 CET 2002

Well I am using a real-time system and I only have a Python library to get
about 20 floats calculated on the platform. Then I have implemented a Java
applet which needs those data to interact via an External Aauthoring
Interface with a VRML plugin embedded in IE. My problem is how to make the
python script and the java applet communicate together.

Gerhard Häring wrote:

> Boris Huart wrote:
> > I am trying to allocate a shared memory block from a python script so
> > that a Java applet can access the data shared.
> This won't work. If it works at all, you'll have to use the C interface
> of both Python and Java. Using JNI in a Java applet, if at all possible,
> needs serious hacking of your Java and Browser environment.
> There sure is a very simple solution to your problem. Except we don't
> know what the problem actually is. So please try to describe it.
> Do you need to somehow communicate between a Python script and a Java
> applet? Then one of XML-RPC, SOAP, CORBA will do the trick. If you have
> complex data structures, AFAIK CORBA is best.
> Gerhard

Sinceres salutations,

Boris HUART                        [mailto:boris.huart at]

  The MathWorks Consulting      Tel : 01 55 64 06 63
                                Fax : 01 55 64 06 64
  20 rue Troyon               Email : mailto:consulting at
  92316 Sevres Cedex, France    Web :