Where to download bugfix for email Module?

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Sun Mar 17 12:36:10 EST 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:43:02 +0300, Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.1016365527.16566.python-list at python.org>:

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 12:35:43AM -0800, Sheila King wrote:
> > However, I can't figure out where this latest code is or how to download
> > it.
>
> CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous at cvs.mimelib.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mimelib"
> export CVSROOT
>
> cvs login
> cvs checkout mimelib
>
>    New code is in mimelib/email directory. If you still will have troubles,
> I can tar and send my copy to you.

Thanks, Oleg. I've downloaded WinCVS and am going to try to learn this CVS
thing and get the code that way.

However, I have two concerns, and this is not just directed at Oleg, but
anyone who has some experience on this matter:

(1) stability. Can I expect this latest code to be stable? Somehow I would
think that would be questionable with late releases?

(2) distribution. If I want to distribute code that I'm developing, and I
use the latest CVS releases to develop my code, such that my code relies on
these CVS releases, how do I distribute code to others who are running the
standard 2.2 install? Also, I noticed last night, when looking over the
mimelib/email CVS files (browsing), that there are a LOT more
libraries/files and that the dependencies have changed. For example, the
import statements in email.Message.py are completely different between the
latest CVS version and the standard 2.2 version.

If I grab these files and put them on my computer, should I just
rename/backup the old version and then drop these new ones in place? Should
I try to somehow (through clever renaming) make both available to my
Python2.2 installation?

I'm just so uncertain as to how to proceed. (Think "CVS newbie" here...)
But I need to get around this
'int has no attribute lower' error. :(

--
Sheila King