RFC PEP candidate: q'<delim>'quoted<delim> ?

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Fri Mar 8 18:45:46 EST 2002

I like the idea. If only as a method to keep all the
data pertaining to a program --images, even-- in a
single file. I hate having to lug around lots of
icons and images just for a single program.

icon = q'###END#OF#ICON###'
aklkflj as.asd.a.s
... lotsa data ...
lkjasd flaskdflakals ak
###END#OF#ICON###

But then, I'm weird that way.

Kinda like a CDATA section in a program. I like it.

But I'm not gonna die without it.

AND before someone else utters "save everything into
a BSD db file and distribute that", don't; it's a
dumb idea.

I'd rather distribute an XML file with lotsa items and
CDATA sections for binary or quoted data.

Hmmm... that doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
Except having to lug around an XML parser, and
all the whatwithyou that it takes. :-(

Hmmm... miniXML is for that...

Please disregard everything I said.

tgif :-)