Windows Installation

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Mar 14 21:59:25 EST 2002

I have a free software program (http://sf.net/projects/bttotalcontrol/) and
I am having great difficulty writing an installation script for windows.

I don't want to use distutils because I am not writing a module - but an
entire distribution with images, data files, and executable programs. I
would like to put icons on the desktop and stuff in the start menu as well.

I am at a major disadvantage because I don't have access to a windows
machine, and so I can't test anything directly. However, I do have a few
people who actively test for the project at home.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I should go? Anyone can help me out
here?

Jonathan