CGI/modpython ???

Michael Hall olc at ninti.com
Sat Mar 30 19:46:40 EST 2002

I'm writing Python CGI scripts using the MySQLdb module and getting a
grasp on things fairly quickly ... Python is a cool language (I'm coming
to it from PHP). Thanks to Drew and Emile for sorting out my looping
function, it works fine now.

Now I'm wondering how modpython is used. If Apache has the modpython
module installed, how do I use it? What form do scripts take?

Do they still look like CGI scripts, or do they look more like a PHP
script (some sort of embedded scripting)?

Does a script still use '#!/usr/bin/python', or are file endings (eg
.py) used to call the Python interpreter?

Is the script located in public_html or cgi-bin?

What would I have to do with a CGI script written in Python to use it with
modpython?

Thanks

Michael Hall   mick at ninti.com