Trouble running programs

Seth Jones sjones16 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 3 14:38:26 EST 2002

Hi. I think your problem is you're trying to run the script from the wrong
window. The 'run script' menu item in idle runs the script that is in the
same window as the menu you're using. So when you open up a new
window to write a script, that window should have a menu that you can
select 'Run Script' from.  Note "working directory" of the script will not
be
the same directory the script is actually in, as I recently learned. This
means if you're
doing any file i/o, you'll need to supply the full path, which is obnoxious.
IDLEfork
does properly handle the working directory:

See http://idlefork.sourceforge.net/

You probably won't need to worry about it if you're not doing file i/o,
though.