Python Help - Splash Screen

Keith Jones kjones at docstrategies.com
Tue Mar 5 09:28:59 EST 2002

This may or may not help. In Tk (i think) all widgets have an 'after'
function.
The syntax is 'def after(self, ms, func)' where ms is the time in
milliseconds and
func is the callback function. So I'm thinking that on creation if you did a

self.after(5000, self.destroy)

that should work. I haven't actually used this function yet myself, since
I'm still learning Tkinter,
but it seems to be what you want.

--

Keith Jones