sgmlParser infinite loop? How to empty and re-user parser object?

Nick Arnett narnett at mccmedia.com
Fri Mar 22 20:10:55 EST 2002

[snip]

> My record is 1300 web pages and I did not get the problem you've
> mentioned.

I was getting it sometimes every dozen or two documents, but... I realized I
wasn't calling reset properly -- I was leaving off the empty parentheses,
which produces no error, but doesn't actually reset the object, apparently.
That seems to have improved things considerably, but not completely.

> I am not reusing the parser object in my script either (but you can).
> You should consider post the program fragment you used.

I will if I'm really stuck.  But cutting out enough to reproduce the error
is a bit of a challenge, if it's still going to work when I'm done.  On the
other hand, the exercise itself might uncover the problem.

Thanks!

Nick