should i learn it first ?

Qiang.JL dragon at china.org
Sat Mar 9 06:44:45 EST 2002

Hi,all

apologize if this is off-topic :)

I am a student who have learned perl,java and other like data structure
stuff. Now i want to take some further step to learn one or two languages to
improve my language view. There are two languages are on the list: python
and C++
I have heard a lot ppl talk about C/C++,saying it's the must language to
learn for a programmer.and i indeed feel so. but C/C++ is hard and may need
to take longer time to learn and get the concept.also, Python seems a good
language and easier to learn.
I think some of you may come cross this, so let me ask you these questions

do i need to learn C/C++ to be a good programmer?

which one is better to start with ? ( I'm not a program beginner so python
being a beginner programmer maybe not be applied here)

How many language do you think one should _master_? I think one or two is
enough.learning others are letting you to learn the language concept and
structure etc certainly helpful.