Client/Server Tutorial?

Irmen de Jong irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl
Tue Mar 26 02:10:19 EST 2002

[about Pyro]

> it's good, but i'm not sure if that can do what i want:) though i
> probably asked the wrong question.
> i need a tutorial for a server (not only a simple one, one with
> client handlers, and info on clients..., like in games)
> cause i want to create a server emulator for an online game, and
> therefor i need at first a 'server engine' to accept the packets
> handle them...

I'm not sure why you think Pyro is not right.
The 'server engine' you're talking about is right there, the Pyro Daemon!
To reiterate, you don't have to do any network programming when using Pyro,
could that be why you're confused? Pyro does all the gory client-server-socket-
network-packet-marshalling-threading-reconnect stuff for you.

Irmen