why is python slow?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Mar 9 17:38:01 CET 2002

"Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> writes:

> Not to segue myself but.. I have patch (505846) sitting in the list since
> January 19th.

That's not so long, in context.  Unfortunately.

> After a flurry of give and take activities (i.e. submitting better versions
> of the patch), nothing has happened since January 28th.
> I have other patches that depend on this one first (For Windows CE and
> NetWare) that I have not submitted.

If you're not submitting them because your first patch hasn't gone in,
that doesn't sound like a particularly good reason to me.

> I've tried to be good and just wait.. But how long should I expect
> to wait?

Well, if it hasn't been looked at before 2.3 alpha time, I'd start
making a fuss.  It's not really going to make much difference before
then, is it?

> I've begged a few times for a response.. Either a rejection or a "be
> patient" would be nice, but haven't received either.

"be patient"

Does that help?  I think one of the PythonLabs crew probably has to
look at this patch before it can go in, and they're even busier than
the rest of us.

  Hmmm... its Sunday afternoon: I could do my work, or I could do a
  Fourier analysis of my computer's fan noise.
       -- Amit Muthu, ucam.chat (from Owen Dunn's summary of the year)