why is python slow?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Mar 9 11:38:01 EST 2002

"Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> writes:

> Not to segue myself but.. I have patch (505846) sitting in the list since
> January 19th.

That's not so long, in context.  Unfortunately.

> After a flurry of give and take activities (i.e. submitting better versions
> of the patch), nothing has happened since January 28th.
>
> I have other patches that depend on this one first (For Windows CE and
> NetWare) that I have not submitted.

If you're not submitting them because your first patch hasn't gone in,
that doesn't sound like a particularly good reason to me.

> I've tried to be good and just wait.. But how long should I expect
> to wait?

Well, if it hasn't been looked at before 2.3 alpha time, I'd start
making a fuss.  It's not really going to make much difference before
then, is it?

> I've begged a few times for a response.. Either a rejection or a "be
> patient" would be nice, but haven't received either.

"be patient"

Does that help?  I think one of the PythonLabs crew probably has to
look at this patch before it can go in, and they're even busier than
the rest of us.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Hmmm... its Sunday afternoon: I could do my work, or I could do a
  Fourier analysis of my computer's fan noise.