PEP 284, Integer for-loops

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Wed Mar 6 18:10:06 EST 2002

On Wed, 06 Mar 2002 14:23:02 -0800, David Eppstein <eppstein at ics.uci.edu>
wrote:
> I realize that's a different purpose than most working Python
> programmers, but anything that leads to greater readability and easy of
> understanding should be helpful in that world too.

    I fail to see how it is is greader readability or understanding when the
current method is both.  It may not be the /common/ way people expect it to be
seen.  However, people expect ; { and } quite often as well.  Thankfully
Python is devoid of those cumbersome constructs.  It should remain free of the
difficult to read (and overloaded) for statement as well.

    To email: Don't despair!   |  -- Lenny Nero, Strange Days