Status of PEP's?

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Fri Mar 1 20:08:46 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1015027510.14026.python-list at python.org>,
 James_Althoff at i2.com wrote:

> I agree as I just remembered another issue that came up concerning the
> "for-relational" suggestion.  Namely, that the "for-relational" syntax
> doesn't handle step values for intervals.  So even though there would be
> new syntax, we would still need to use range/xrange in cases requiring a
> step value not equal to 1 or -1.

True, it doesn't handle step values, unless you count syntax like
[2*x for start <= x < end].  Neither does PEP 276, of course.
Nobody is proposing to eliminate range/xrange, I think.

I will see if I can find some time to work on a PEP.
--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/