(OT?) Web-based document review system?

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Sun Mar 3 11:38:13 EST 2002

On 2 Mar 2002 23:22:36 GMT, bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) wrote:

:On Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:22:58 GMT, mats at laplaza.org (Mats Wichmann) wrote:
:
:>Note: this is not a Python question per se.
:>
:>I'm looking for a piece of software to aid in reviewing a document
:>through the web

:If it doesn't have to be too slick, I think you could write relatively
:simple cgi to do it, depending on what you mean by "document".
:Also, with a small collection of doc text pages and a few occasional
:user/reviewers you could get away with something that wouldn't scale
:to a massive online catalog with graphics layout and thousands of reviewers.
:
:I've thought it would be nice to have something like that for collaborating
:on documentation and/or maybe PEPs.
:
:What kind of docs are you dealing with?

Smallish - for my uses, it doesn't have to scale very far.  On the
order of one to dozens of printed pages (should anyone print 'em),
rather than hundreds, certainly; and with similar orders of magitude
for number of reviewers.  The sorts of docs are spec fragments,
documentation, whitepapers, maybe FAQ answers.

Mats Wichmann