broken pipes, import errors (LONG, INVOLVED)

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat Mar 9 19:38:58 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Geoff Gerrietts wrote:

> When you try to import a module twice, import just does nothing (or at
> least very little) after the first effort. In fact, when you first
> import, Python caches a copy of the module in the global namespace.
> When you subsequently import, it re-uses that cached copy.
>
> The cached copy is also corrupt.

This sounds nasty if something is diddling with the cached copy.

I skimmed, but didn't save, your original posting so the following
might have already been answered:-
Since it worked, have you...
- changed python installations?
- changed OS installations?
- changed hardware?

If any of these changed, describing the before and after environments
might be helpfull (longshot though).

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia