streaming images

Bill metaliu at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 14:16:55 EST 2002

Here's the scenario:

I'm receiving images through the network from a server.  I use python and
PIL to receive the image.  I need to display the images in real time as they
come (meaning I cant save a bunch of them and create an animated GIF or
something like that).  If I do an image.show() on each image I receive, a
seperate window will pop up for each image and the desktop gets cluttered.
Any ideas on how to do this?  Is there a way for me to UPDATE the window
with a new image so that only that window stays open?  Do I need something
else besides PIL to do this or will PIL be adaquate?

Thanks,
Bill