Newbie ?:A more concise way?

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Tue Mar 5 10:55:59 EST 2002

Brian <brian at lodoss.org> wrote:
> Do you also feel my original code is better in terms of style or would
> it be even better as the more verbose:

> z = []
> for i in xrange(y):
>     z.append(MyClass())

I personally like *simple* list comprehensions better.

> OK - now I have another question (and remember I'm new to Python) if
> map and lambda are part of the core language and have well defined
> behavior, why is it that using them is considered bad form?  Are they
> just the redheaded step-children of the language, or what? ;-)

lambda and friends were a patch submitted by evil forces that somehow
managed to slip by Guido's otherwise impeccable language designers
instinct, or so some of us believe:)

Atleast I think I've read that Guido regrets adding them.
--
groetjes, carel