Python using EditPlus

Chirag Wazir cwazir at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 20:38:04 EST 2002

Hi,

In EditPlus go to Tools -> Configure User Tools
Add Tool -> Program with the following settings:
Menu text = Python
Command = C:\Python22\python.exe
Argument = "$(FilePath)"
Initial Directory = $(FileDir)
Capture Output = on
Output Pattern->
    Use default output pattern = off
    Regular expression = File "(.+)", line ([0-9]+)
    File name = Tagged expression 1
    Line = Tagged expression 2
    Column = None

You can then use Ctrl+1 to run your program, assuming this is the
first user tool you've added.

I find that EditPlus may not always be satisfactory - I end up using
IDLE more often. For example, if the program requires user input....

Chirag Wazir