python and haskell for fun

Hans Nowak wurmy at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 11 20:04:58 EST 2002

Ben Wolfson wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:02:34 -0600, Aahz Maruch wrote:
>
> > The main problem with Vyper was that it wasn't finished, and Skaller
> > mysteriously vanished.
>
> The most recent hits for "John Max Skaller" on google is from September
> 2001.  He's now got a new language of his own: http://felix.sf.net .
> It seems pretty similar to what he had planned for Vyper, but looks more
> C-ish.  I don't know if he still follows Python; interscript uses 1.5.1.

When I was a kid, there was a big, fat, mean boy named Felix, living near
our school. He used to threaten other kids. I would never use a language
with that name.

Good thing the show wasn't called "Monty Felix's Flying Circus",
or I would never have discovered this wonderful language...

Totally-off-topic-ly y'rs,

--
Hans (base64.decodestring('d3VybXlAZWFydGhsaW5rLm5ldA=='))
# decode for email address ;-)