Possible to save router logs?

Paul Luap777 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 31 10:24:41 EST 2002

I have a D-Link 704 cable/DSL router. Unfortunately, it has very
limited logging capabilities(in that it doesn't save logs, it just
rights over them when the space fills.) What I would like to do is
right a program to save the logs to my hard drive every 12 hours or
so. I normally have to access the web page with the url being the
local IP of the router, then type in a password to get access to the
logs. Has anyone attempted something like this? I know this is kinda
general, but any feedback would be appreciated. It might give me an
idea of where to begin. Thank you.