xmlrpclib.Server vs xmlrpclib.ServerProxy

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Thu Mar 14 10:50:39 EST 2002

Should I use Server or ServerProxy as the name for the ServerProxy
class in xmlrpclib? The standard docs use Server, while the effbot
seems to use ServerProxy, and

>>> xmlrpclib.Server is xmlrpclib.ServerProxy
1

so...

I find ServerProxy to be a more logical name, but the fact that I
can't find it mentioned in the docs makes me a bit wary of using
it... (On the other hand, ServerProxy is what's documented in the
docstring. What is the history behind this duality -- and what is the
motivation for the conflicting current usage?

- Magnus (who thinks that SimpleXMLRPCServer should be called
  xmlrpclib.Server, with xmlrpclib.ServerProxy being used as the
  server proxy... :)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org