Relieved but disappointed: The Pariah thread

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Sun Mar 17 03:48:23 EST 2002

While I was much relieved that Mark Hammond took my mischievous "Has
Mark Hammond attained pariah status yet?" post with the good humour for
which that noble, heterogenous breed of people known as Aussies are
justly renowned, I was a bit disappointed that no-one at all commented
on the pictorial reference which I gave to sum up my view of the
.NETification of Python:
http://www.sciam.com/2002/0102issue/010250100.html

OK, I know that the etymology of the name Python is non-herpetic, but
that historic photograph may nevertheless be a valuable shorthand for
expressing one's views on, for instance, a PEP which proposes yet
another syntactic addition...

Tim C

PS The newspaper article which prompted the post featured a picture of
Mark, and not only is his name remarkably similar to that of a famous
Australian National Park ranger, he even looks like a younger version of
Ed Devereaux...and his email address is mhammond at skippinet.com.au
...hmmm.

TC