xmlrpclib.Server vs xmlrpclib.ServerProxy

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Mar 14 12:21:20 EST 2002

    Magnus> Should I use Server or ServerProxy as the name for the
    Magnus> ServerProxy class in xmlrpclib? The standard docs use Server,
    Magnus> while the effbot seems to use ServerProxy, ...

When xmlrpclib was originally released, the class that represents a remote
XML-RPC server was named "Server".  At some point it was decided that
calling it "ServerProxy" was more descriptive.  I would use ServerProxy for
new code.  I'll check the docs and make sure they are correct.

Note also that the code is

    class ServerProxy:

    # compatibility
    Server = ServerProxy

and that is the only place "Server" is used in the code or comments.
Everywhere else it is referred to as "ServerProxy".

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)