A question about generators

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Mar 21 20:25:09 EST 2002

Richard J Kuhns wrote:

> That's EXACTLY what I did :).  The main reason I had problems to start with
> is that almost everything I've done with python feels more-or-less
> "elegant", and this doesn't.

Well, generators weren't designed for the sort of problems
that require restartability.

Is there some reason you absolutely can't just create
a new instance of the generator each time you need
to restart? That would be the most elegant way,
if you can manage it.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg