Python on Windows soon forbidden by Micro$oft?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Mon Mar 11 05:16:20 EST 2002

Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.com> graced us by uttering:
> Hans Nowak wrote:
>> It's not April 1st yet...

It's not a joke. In fact, it's been discussed several times in this NG.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=slrn9uvnid.pe3.tim%40vegeta.ath.cx

> Can anyone using a recent version of Microsoft development tools
> confirm whether it's a hoax or not?

Yup. I don't use the software, but MS still has the EULA on their site.
Here's the link... still good after these several months.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/Downloads/eula_mit.htm

> If it isn't, this is bad news...

AFAIK, this is only on this (and maybe a few other packages of)
software. I'd be interested to see if Microsoft tries this again, what
with their pseudo-victory and several more pending lawsuits...

...which reminds me...

* off to http://userfriendly.org/ * ;)

Tim Hammerquist
--
No prisoner's dilemma here.  Over the long term, symbiosis is more
useful than parasitism.  More fun, too.  Ask any mitochondria.