should i learn it first ?

Jason Orendorff jason at jorendorff.com
Sat Mar 9 21:35:06 EST 2002

Qiang.JL wrote:
> Do you guys not agree to master C/C++, a large amount of time will be
> required (somewhere on the net i saw it's appro 3-4 years.  whew!!)
> In one i want to learn it but on the  other this time consuming
> issue scare me .as the  bad tradeoff -- it's smarter to use a language
> that uses the machine's time less efficiently, but your time much
> more efficiently.
>
> am i whining? , :-)

Yeah.  :)

Go get an account on a Linux box, buy "The C Programming Language"
by Kernighan and Ritchie, and get to work.  You can work your way
through it in a month or two.  It's more than worth your time.
If nothing else, you'll be more able to read all the excellent
existing books about programming that include examples in C.

Also, sometime next week, read this:
  http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/
You can work your way through it in an evening.  It might
be worth your time, too.

## Jason Orendorff    http://www.jorendorff.com/