Word frequencies -- Python or Perl for performance?

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Thu Mar 21 02:51:32 EST 2002

In article <3C998FDE.5080204 at geneva-link.ch>,
 Boris^2 <borcis at geneva-link.ch> wrote:

> > I'm trying to figure out what the Internet is thinking today.
>
> What the internet is thinking, what the market is thinking...
> sounds to me like attempts to pass epidemics for thought processes.

I don't know, sometimes it seems like Google is close to omniscient.
Of course, it can't pass the Turing test, but its answers to
natural-language questions are usually a lot more intelligent than the
answers of programs designed to pass Turing tests.

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/