Black Adder and PyQt

Ron Stephens rstephens at vectron.com
Fri Mar 1 09:14:48 EST 2002

I am thinking of buying a "home" license of Black Adder, to use for
making GUI's for Python programs to be used on Linux+KDE and also
perhaps for the new Sharp Zaurus. Does anyone have any experience with
Black Adder that they can share? One of my main reasons for wanting
Black Adder is to use the GUI builder, so I am particualrly interested
in opinions about that aspect of Black Adder, but I am also interested
in other aspects as well.

One question I have concerns licensing. If I buy the "home" version,
could I still share my programs as GPL'ed open source, or would that
require me to buy the "professional" license, which is much more
expensive? In other words, my programs would never be used in any
commercial way but I might want to post them as open source, free
software.

I know Black Adder is still in beta, but is it stable enoough to use
already? I suppose I should ask how it compares to PythonWare amd
WingIDE, but I kind of favor the PyQt toolkit becuase it will
hopefully work well on the Sharp Zaurus as well as the KDE desktop.