Windows Installation

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 09:05:07 EST 2002

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

> It looks pretty good. However, it requires the users to install another
> package just to install the main package.

Mmh, what do you mean? I just said you'd need to install IPython if you want
to test the code I sent you 'for real'. But what I gave you is basically a
wrapper for Windows users which calls the -platform independent- setup.py
first, and then does some windows-specific things. Maybe I'm misunderstanding
you.

> I'll take a look at it, but isn't there a way to write some kind of
> installation script in something native to windows?

Again, I don't follow you. What do you mean by 'native to windows'? Do you
mean binary-compiled, do you mean graphical, do you mean not in python???

Cheers,

f.