win32+popen4

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 18:58:21 EST 2002

In article <3C7FF015.D1A00D13 at ccvcorp.com>, Jeff Shannon
<jeff at ccvcorp.com> writes
>Note that you've got an extra backslash in your version -- you want a
>single escaped double quote after 'bongo.exe', not an escaped backslash
>followed by an unescaped double quote.  Raw strings will save you much
>pain.

interestingly I don't seem to need the \ quotes in win2k. What system is
it that needs those?

I know that in unices it's possible to create files with very odd names
including things with spaces in. Therefore the included space can happen
and there I would expect to be able to use either " " or ' ' and
provided that system/popen uses a shell I would expect to get away with
quite strange paths.
--
Robin Becker