Is it really so difficult to enable Tkinter?

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Mon Mar 25 18:12:58 EST 2002

Bart Meerdink wrote:

> (Warning: I'm a bit of a Python-newbie)

Welcome!

> And sadly, the nice ActiveState rpm distribution, which worked out of
> the box, seems not to be maintained anymore.

Not true!  We're a little late, but we're getting there.  We'll do a 2.2
release immininently, showcasing a brand new Windows installer,
accompanied by an RPM version.  We'll follow up with 2.1.2 and 2.2.1
releases soon thereafter.

On both Windows and Unix, these ActivePython releases will bundle Tcl/Tk
8.3.4.

> One more question: is it on purpose that idle is left out?

We forgot to include the Tools directory in previous ActivePython
releases, an omission which has been fixed in the upcoming releases.

-- David Ascher