Text Search Engine that works with Python

Doug Farrell writeson at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 3 18:26:24 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a text search engine that works with
Python? What I'm looking for specifically is something that will compress
the text and still allow searches and retrievals that can be exact matches
or proximity based. The text I want to compress and search is huge (70 megs)
and should compress down to half, not including any index files that might
be required by the search engine. Anyone know of anything like this or any
ideas?

Thanks,
Doug Farrell