Connecting to a Gnutella-network

Thomas Weholt thomas at gatsoft.no
Fri Mar 15 09:33:19 EST 2002

Hi,

I've looked at the Gnutella Protocol, v.0.4, and wondered about trying to
create an implementation in python. I'm a newbie when it comes to this sort
of thing, but have created several simple to complex server types of
applications using SocketServer and its friends like BaseHTTPServer etc.

Has anybody tried to do this before? Does anybody have pointers for newbies
like me in such a project ( how to start, how to connect to nodes on a
gnutella network etc. )

I'll be glad for any pointers you might have.

Best regards,
Thomas