Windows Installation

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 15 13:09:58 EST 2002

On 15 Mar 2002 05:35:15 GMT
Gerhard Häring wrote:

> The best solution to this problem is to give in and get a damn Windows
> box.  Even a virtual one with VMWare or Bochs will do. AFAIK Bochs can
> run at least Windows 95 and it even runs on non-x86 hardware.

I use VMware 2.0 at work and 3.0 at home and found it to be excellent.
I've had some stability problems with 3.0 (although this may be the result
of other factors - later Linux kernel versions, Athlon CPU, keyboard/chair
interface, etc).  At work, VMware 2.0 has never crashed on me and
performance is excellent on a PIII 800 running Win2k, and it's far
preferable to having a dual-boot system.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)