Relieved but disappointed: The Pariah thread

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Mar 18 17:28:02 EST 2002

Tim Churches wrote:

> PS The newspaper article which prompted the post featured a picture of
> Mark, and not only is his name remarkably similar to that of a famous
> Australian National Park ranger, he even looks like a younger version of
> Ed Devereaux...and his email address is mhammond at skippinet.com.au
> ...hmmm.

hehehe.

When I was but a teenager, my shared name with this TV character
bestowed me with the nickname "Skippy".  To this day, my friends still
call me "Skip".  When I was looking for a business/domain name, I
decided to try and meld this history into the name - hence skippinet!

Who would have thought an Aussie version of Lassie (with a Kangaroo
instead of a dog) would still be impacting my life :)

Mark.