Help Required

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 15 20:43:33 EST 2002

On 15 Mar 2002 17:24:33 -0800
Surajsub wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a newbie to Python and am pretty fascinated by it power and
> speed.I am however puzzled in trying to write this script.
> The script builds a list of userids to be fed to ldap and it is
> supposed to be
>
> uid1,uid2,uid3....and so on.( Notice there is no space)

The script builds a string or a list?

> However when i am trying to create the uid list it gives
>
> uid1, uid2, uid3,...and so on.
> how do i get rid of this leading space if u would call it..

Don't know how you got it there, so I can't tell you how to remove it.

> string.lstrip does not work either.

You need to not put the spaces there in the first place.  Far simpler than
removing them after the fact.

> what am i doing wrong?

I can't see _anything_ you are doing, let alone what you are doing wrong ;)
 Try posting a least _a little_ code.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)