RИf. : Re: R?f. : Re: strange libtk8.3.so: open failed

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Mar 5 04:43:54 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 06:01:04PM +0100, Francois-regis Chalaoux wrote:
> Why not add this latest path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the root deamon if it
> is the problem ? The administrator tell me it is not a good idea to do
> that !!
>
> What do you think ?

   I think:

1. Adding /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a bit insecure, so your admin
really must be careful. But if (s)he is careful - no problem.

2. If (s)he still does not want to add it, you can do it yourself. Instead of
directly calling your python scripts from Apache, wrap then into shell scripts,
that set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and then exec your python script.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru