HP-UX, PyThread_* missing

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 16 14:54:07 EST 2002

"Paul F. Dubois" <dubois at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> I am trying to get Python 2.2 to compile on HP-UX B.10.20. I get a set of
> missing externals with names PyThread_something. I need threads so I don't
> want to turn them off. Is there a package I need to install first? Or some
> other hint about what to do?

If you need threads on HP-UX 10, you may need to write your own thread
package first :-(

Provide more info: what compiler (bundled - nah, can't be, unbundled,
gcc?); what symbols are missing, etc.

In any case, the common understanding is that Python does not really
support threads on HP-UX, and probably never will unless some HP-UX
user who understands all the issues provides patches.

Regards,
Martin