TKinter Question

Paul Sage psage at ncaustin.com
Thu Mar 21 16:53:52 EST 2002

Hi all.  I am new to the list; the impetus for my signing up is a
roadblock.  :-)

I am currently working with a quick and dirty little App for learning
Python.  I am using Tkinter because the app really needs a GUI.

Global variables within the module:
pointsAvailable = 5
currentPointsToSpend = "Current Points left to spend:
%s"%pointsAvailable

Inside the class definition of an object that is the GUI window:
        self.pointsLeftToSpend = Label(root, relief = RIDGE, borderwidth
= 1,
                                       anchor = N, justify=CENTER,
                                       textvariable =
currentPointsToSpend).pack()

My problem is with textvariable.  No matter what I seem to do, it just
won't show up.  Is this because it falls out of scope somehow?  It
doesn't happen with all of the other Tkinter variables.  It just won't
show up.  So I am in desperate need of some help.  I don't want to spend
all day with this.  :-(  Sorry, I don't have anything positive to
provide with my first post.  Just problems.

- As for me?  Make mine Marvel!