Python isn't necessarily slow

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Mar 4 19:02:42 EST 2002

Siegfried Gonzi wrote:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
> >
> > Siegfried Gonzi wrote:
>
> > As far as absolute time goes, don't use a tool for that.  Just
> > run the program and ask yourself "was that fast enough for my
> > needs?".  If your program runs once a day, even 70 sec is fast
> > enough.  If you run it every thirty seconds, I guess you have
> > to go with the Clean version after all. :-)
>
> Please: Do not use Clean!  [...]

Trust me, no risk of that happening.  Python serves all my
programming needs, and then some, except for the embedded work I do.
C handles all my programming needs there, except for a little
bit of low-level embedded work I do.  Assembly handles all my
programming needs there...

I'm just happy that after twenty years of programming I actually
have so few languages to serve all my needs.  Pretty amazing, really,
when I think about it.  (Thanks, Guido. ;-)

-Peter