Binary generation with distutils? (Freeze, py2exe, etc.)

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Mar 21 01:18:50 EST 2002

Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> writes:

> Because Greg Ward burned out on it, and no-one's been willing to step up
> and continue work on it. Note that "unmaintained" is a bit strong - bugs
> are going to be fixed

I'm not so sure about this. At the moment, there are 10 unreviewed
patches (although those dating April 2001 have seen some recent
progress); there are 15 open bug reports, the oldest one dating March
2001. Since March 2001, 30 distutils bugs have been closed, so one out
of three distutils bugs is still pending (for Python in general, the
ratio is 1:9).

Regards,
Martin